What is White Hat SEO?
A Background to White Hat SEO
White hat SEO is essentially ‘above board’ SEO. Search engine optimisation (SEO) is optimising your website for search engines. In 2021, Google had an 84.2% market share for all searches in the UK – meaning it should be your number one focus, or demand at least 80% of your time and attention when it comes to search marketing. White Hat SEO is ensuring the tactics you deploy on your website / Google Business page are compliant with Google’s terms and conditions. White hat SEO is the opposite of Black hat SEO, which has the opposite connotations.
More About White Hat SEO
White Hat SEO is referring to the fulfilment of any set of practices pertaining to improving your search rankings on Google / Page 1 / SERP, but ensuring you stick within the guidelines of said search engine you are optimising for. Offering the below should help you to win at SEO, whilst keeping in (Google’s) good books.
- Satisfy the user intent (answer the question they came to ask)
- Focus on Mobile optimisation (we are now using mobiles more than desktop/laptop devices to browse the web)
- Ensure you are registered for a Google My Business account – and make sure you have somebody that knows what they are doing to manage this (LDM SEO Specialists are the perfect choice as this was our first venture in to SEO)
- Keywords. Ensure Keyword research is done in advance of your SEO project to make sure you cover off the essential keywords, this is what all the best SEO agencies do
- Use structured data (schema markup) to ensure you talk the language of search engines, using a unique semantic vocabulary. Schema markup is essentially code that Google understand to understand your content and will be one of the best ways to stand out in the future world of voice search dominance.
- Put time aside for content marketing – the creation of online material such as blogs (wahey!) videos and social posts, that stimulate an interest in your products or services.
- Prioritise user experience (UX) – your users need to hang around on your website, be engaged, be convinced to take action – (call to action will help massively here – such as buy now, find out more, enquire today) this will help increase leads, conversions and minimise bounce rate
- Link building – ensure you are building high quality links back to your website. This can be time consuming and one should tread carefully – it is a fragile process. One should aim to build links to websites that are relevant and also fly the white hat SEO flag. Bad links can lead to a reduction in SEO outcome / authority.
Local SEO Expert Summary on White Hat SEO
Luna Digital Marketing & SEO Specialists limited are local seo experts and national SEO experts. We can help guide you towards the first page of Google with no problem whatsoever. We employ white hat techniques. Get in touch with us today to discuss how we can support you to understand what your competitors are doing and how you can catch them and then supersede them.